Sunday, February 20, 2011

Feb Recap




So I fibbed on my last entry, but a lot has been going on. First and most important is Olivia turned 1. Wow, that even looks funny. I always hear my mom say that I will always be her baby..... well Olivia you will always be mine. She is walking with the assistance of one finger. She can do it on her own, but don't tell her that I like that she still needs me. She is graduating from baby food to eating almost anything we are. Her favorites are any kind of fruit, especially blueberries and strawberries. She had her first grilled chez tonight for dinner and loved it.
To recap, even though I don't want to but I want this in for Oli's book. She had a febrile seizure the early morning of her 1st birthday. It was by far the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. Thank god, Jonathan was on a vacation day from work and his parents were in town. Grandpa Rob and the monitors made by fisher price are my hero. Olivia is perfect now and the doctor says that it is common and not to worry, but how do you not worry. She is my world. Jonathan and my mom have been my backbone reassuring me that Olivia will never scare the Sh*t out of me ever ever ever again.
On a lighter note, her Luau 1st birthday party was a hit. Great friends, food and weather. I will post pics later. Her 1st birthday made it clear that I love being a mom and am looking forward to watching her grow. My favorite part of the party was watching her interact with her little friends. She had her buddies Liam, MacKenzie, Joey, and Sam. It will be so neat when they get older knowing that they have these life-time friends. XXOOXXOO
The pics today are from today. Olivia and I decided that we were going to skip our sandbox in the backyard and go on the boat with Grandma and Grandpa. It was 80 degrees and gorgeous. Olivia is definitely a boating kid. She played for hours at the beach, not once letting on that she was tired until the ride home. She was asleep before we passed Cindy's house. The fun on the water is just beginning.
Okay I have rambled enough..... Shawntel

No comments:

Post a Comment