Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grocery shopping with Oli...

Today Oli and I went grocery shopping for the week just like we've done since we've had to go back to work. She must have thought that it was boring when we first started this routine a few months ago because she would sleep the whole time we were cruising the aisles. People would stop and say hello and take a peek at her but she missed all their compliments. A couple of weeks ago she happened to stay awake for all three grocery stops and she was able to smile and say hello to everyone and she loved it so much that she doesn't sleep anymore. She's even made a few close friends at the produce store. When we walk into the joint some of the ladies that work there come up and tickle her feet, she loves it.



I got to thinking today that my parking lot procedure has changed since Oli has started hanging out with me. What I mean is that when I used to pull into the parking lot I'd start looking for the closest parking space and anybody that is potentially leaving. I've only done it a few times but I've even stalked people leaving the store and followed them to their car and waited for them to load up and leave. Well, now I pull in thinking, Oli weighs 13 pounds and some change and the car seat weighs a couple extra pounds and walking with her from the car to the store, even if it is front row parking feels like I'm carrying small sack concrete, where is the closest shopping cart? Sometimes I'll pull into the lot and there will be no carts, damn those bag boys for being good employees. So I will pass up a front row for a spot in the back but near a grocery cart. It won't be long and we'll be able to take her out of the car seat and put her in the buggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment