Monday, January 25, 2010

Handyman...

I finally finished the floating shelves in Olivia's room. Shawntel worked so I googled floating shelves on Sunday and found plans that didn't seem to tough. I thought that I could have those knocked out before the 6:00 Playoff game and definitly before Shawntel gets home. No dice!!! Things were going well almost too well. The frames went together easy I put the door skins on piece of cake. The painting was the time crusher. I had to prime wait for them to dry(20 minutes) prime again(20 minutes) set up Tivo for the game(5minutes) first coat of paint(20 minutes) second coat. This time I was feeling the pressure of time bearing down on me and I just slapped those babies up wet. Not mention I thought that my idea for fastening them to the wall was better than the directions. So I did get them up before Shawntel got home but they were wet and they wouldn't support a magazine. Needless to say they failed inspection so Monday I made repairs(listened to directions) and gave them another coat of paint(waited for them to dry). Vuala!!! They turned out great. I love Tivo the Saints Vikings game was great hopefully the Super Bowl goes back and forth like that.

1 comment: