Sunday, January 31, 2010

Skunked




Shawntel woke me up last night and said she smelled something burning like plastic or electrical maybe. I walked around the house for a few minutes and definitely smelled something terrible so I did what anyone would do went back to bed. If I can remember right Shawntel asked if it was a good idea to go to bed since it smells like something is burning and I insisted that it was. When we woke up this morning it still smelled like burning electrical. The smell was strongest in Roxy's mouth. Of course, she must have eaten an electrical cord that was plugged in because when you eat electricity it always gives you bad breath right. Wrong Shawntel called me an idiot and suggested we check the back yard for clues. Sure enough we found a skunk at the base of a palm tree dead. I think Shawntel used to be a detective in another life. We heard Roxy barking at something last night so she must have witnessed the skunks dance of defiance and attacked. I've never smelled anything this strong and she's taken two baking soda peroxide baths and it hasn't phased the stench. Hopefully the third bath is the charm and I hope when Olivia is born my problem solving skills in the middle of the night are a little bit sharper.

1 comment:

  1. Real pretty skunk did you skin it for a fur coat for Olivia?

    ReplyDelete