Thursday, February 25, 2010

Peace out umbilical...






Shawntel noticed that Olivia's umbilical cord was getting ready to go and yesterday was the day. I was changing diaper #197 and I looked down and something was missing. I did one of those double takes and saw her cute belly button but I couldn't find the cord. I yelled for Shawntel so I could get a couple extra eyes looking for it. We flipped the changing area upside down looking. The last place we checked was inside of her diaper and there it was. Something new for her baby book. I just know that when she's 18 she's going to see the stuff in that book and think that her Mom and Dad are the biggest nerds. Who cares its pretty cool putting that book together. We're headed to the Dr. tomorrow for her two week check up. Fingers crossed she'll be back to birth weight. I don't think she'll have any problem with that, her legs and cheeks are starting to get a little meat on them and just in case I'll put a clump of Vaseline on her hind end. That should give her a few extra ounces. From there we're going to pick up her birth certificate. Kinda cool. Olivia met Cat today she loves the flowers and a stuffed animal she brought her. She has had so many visitors and is having so much fun seeing everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment