Monday, May 24, 2010

Oli's big adventure

Two days ago Oli and I went to pick up a new boat. Well maybe not new there's a lot of work that has to be done before the wind is blowing in Oli's hair. Thank goodness her Grandma has a boat and is ready to take her out because she'll be riding in it before she'll be riding in ours. We had to drive on the way down to Cape Coral to pick it up. So I pumped Oli full of milk and gathered our things and we were out the door. Just like I thought she slept the whole way down. So when we got into Cape Coral the guy selling the boat directed me right to his house and my plan was to leave Oli in the truck with the AC running. Oh I forget, we brought Grandmas trailer with us because this boat didn't have one. I've never put a boat onto a trailer but it sounds easy enough, maybe it will take thirty minutes right. Wrong!!! Two hours later I was paying the guy and leaving with the boat on the trailer. Olivia was pissed I guess being in her shoes I would have been mad too. When I left the guys house I pulled to the side of the road and fed Oli bottle #2. I've never seen her drink a bottle that fast, I felt terrible. I promised her I wouldn't do that again. Her reply was, cool Dad I still love you. I hope that's what she said. Once we got home we did a little tummy time and hung out until Mom got home but then we were off again to the boat ramp to get this boat to back off the trailer a little to make it easier to pull the trailer and leave the boat sitting on blocks. So by now I think Oli absolutely hates this big ugly thing on the side of our house. When she and her friends are tubing and skiing on the back she'll have a change of heart.
Today Oli surprised herself and me. She was sitting in her bouncer seat and I was shaking a rattle in her face and she reached up and grabbed it. She moved very slow and watched her hand all the way to the rattle and I think she was amazed when she was holding it. At any rate she's getting so big. Shawntel and I won't need to worry about hurricane supplies this season if we get hit we'll survive off of Oli's thighs they are getting pretty meaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment