Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Returning to work!




Well we knew that the time to go back to work would eventually come but, we had no idea it would be that soon. Yesterday was Shawntel's first day back and my first day on my own with Olivia. The morning was rough. It kind of felt like we were on Mtv's Real World Englewood and it was the last episode. You know each cast member leaves one at a time and each one of the remaining members talks about the good times with that person. I always said that it would suck to be the last person because they have nobody to talk to. That was me yesterday. Shawntel left and I tried talking to Olivia and I knew the only thing on her mind was milk so I was the last guy. It sucked, I was a mess and I was the one staying home. So Shawntel left herself enough time before leaving to hold Oli and say good bye for the day and when the time came I didn't think she was going to make it work. If you didn't know what Shawntel did for a living looking at the two of us that morning you would guess that she was leaving for Afghanistan on a special mission and will not return until she finds Osama. Nope she'll only be gone for 10 hours. She said that her day went well. She had to pump in a bathroom that is near the pharmacy and said that although it is very different than sitting on the couch reading twilight, it did the job. As for Olivia and I, we ran some errands, went for a afternoon walk and watched the beer wars documentary. Olivia hated it and wanted to watch veggie tales. Sorry. Pretty easy day. The best part of the day was when Shawntel came home from work we waited outside and Olivia was all smiles when she pulled into the drive. As for me my first day back is today. I forgot to make a trade for this day so I'm here testing the waters and after today I'll be back for good on May 3rd, unless I win 252,000,000 tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment