Monday, April 5, 2010

Home sweet home....



Olivia had a weekend full of firsts. First road trip, first Easter, first time meeting her cousins Aidan and Allison, and first time meeting her Great Grandmother. Beginner's luck was not on her side with her first Easter egg hunt, she came in second place. Allison brought home the blue ribbon. We would have won had Shawntel not have been worried about Olivia's head boucing all over the place while she was running through the yard with the stroller. In the spirit of competition I would have thrown caution to the wind and went all out. I think Olivia would have wanted it that way because she didn't say two words all night. I'm sure that all she was thinking about was the green ribbon or what ever color second place is. There's always next time. The drive to my parents was a lot different with Olivia sitting in the back seat in her car seat rather than her Mommy's belly. I drove a little slower, not much but a little. I think that in some cases it's more dangerous to drive slow than it is to drive fast. We took a few more pit stops too, for diaper changes and milk time. My Mom took a trip to Tennessee when I was five weeks old(my first road trip) and I asked if she stopped to do diaper changes and feedings and she said that there was not a car seat law then and she fed me in her lap and changed me on the seat. Times have certainly changed. Another thing that was different about the trip was all the extra stuff we needed to bring like the rocker, the stroller, her suitcase, bottles etc.. Shawntel had a small space in the back seat to sit. I sat back there at one of the rest areas and it was a little tight but felt kinda cool almost like a little clubhouse. We had a blast and couldn't have asked for more out of Olivia's babies first Easter and we are all wore out. It feels good to be home and we are going to sleep so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment